The Nova Scotia Liberal Caucus Office is seeking a full-time Regional Outreach Officer for Dartmouth and surrounding areas.
Working as part of a team, the Outreach Officer advances the policies and issue positions of the Nova Scotia Liberal Caucus and facilitates the development of a strong network of support across Nova Scotia.
The Outreach Officer helps achieve the objectives of Caucus by fostering relationships with stakeholders, community leaders and volunteers within area of responsibility to advance the goals of the Nova Scotia Liberal Caucus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support Members of Legislative Assembly (MLAs) identify and develop relationships and networks of support among local and/or regional stakeholders and community leadership;
• Create and maintain relationships with stakeholders, community leaders, and volunteers in unheld ridings, and identify opportunities for current Liberal MLAs to support relationship development and/or issues management;
• Work with the Director of Outreach and Leader’s Office to organize tours, Out of Town Caucuses, and other events;
• Build relationships with community members within area of responsibility and ensure regular communications;
• Assist with volunteer recruitment, leadership development and succession planning, engagement and event planning, and identify skills and/or capacity requirements for election readiness;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Maintain frequent communication with Director of Outreach and Caucus staff;
• Maintain frequent communications with MLAs and Constituency Offices;
Qualification and Requirements:
• Experience in political or issues-based campaigns, event planning, and communications; Experience in motivating and working with volunteers;
• Experience developing relationships and working with board networks to advance organizational goals;
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and good political judgement;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Willingness to work irregular hours and to travel if required; and
• Bilingualism, an asset.
The Nova Scotia Liberal Caucus Office practices employment equity and encourages Mi’kmaq and Indigenous persons applications, African Nova Scotians, persons of Black/African descent and racialized persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, persons with a disability.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by November 25th, 2022, to the following email address:
Lisa Fougere, Director of Outreach: [email protected]